Pre-Order Now! Shipping January!
Descender with integrated progress-capture pulley for loads up to 280 kg, compatible with 12.5 to 13 mm ropes.
MAESTRO Descender with integrated progress-capture pulley for loads up to 280 kg, compatible with 12.5 to 13 mm ropes.
MAESTRO L is a descender designed for technical rescue operations. It facilitates manipulation of heavy loads, for lowering or hauling, and may be used in both the primary system or in a back-up belay. This versatility allows rescuers to adapt to any situation they may encounter on the rescue scene. The ergonomic handle and integrated braking allow for comfortably controlled descent. Shifting from lowering position to hauling position is immediate, without the need to transfer the load. The integrated progress-capture pulley has a large diameter sheave mounted on sealed ball bearings, ensuring excellent hauling.
Great versatility, ideal for technical rescue:
- Locking system with integrated progress-capture pulley allows the same device to be used for descent and hauling.
- An be used in both a single or twin primary system and in a back-up belay (more information on this technique in the product’s instructions for use and in technical tips at www.petzl.com).
- Lower connection point can be used to create different types of hauling systems.
- Hole in the handle for installation of a distance control cord.
Easy to use:
- Easy rope installation, thanks to the markings on the device.
- Ergonomic handle allows the rope to be released progressively and enables comfortable control of the descent.
- Immediate shift from lowering position to hauling position without having to transfer the load.
- AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be blocked automatically when the handle is not in use. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle.
Efficient for handling heavy loads:
- Integrated progress-capture pulley with very large diameter sheave mounted on sealed ball bearings; rotates in only one direction for excellent hauling efficiency.
- Sheave is faceted, creating additional friction zones for the rope and thus additional braking on descents.
- integrated brake on the device to adjust the friction based on the load and the rope diameter.
- Handling of loads up to 280kg.
Rope compatibility: 12.5 to 13 mm diameter.
- Min. rope diameter: 12.5mm.
- Max. rope diameter: 13mm
- Sheave type: faceted, on sealed ball bearings.
- Maximum working load: 280 kg (more information in the Instructions for Use and in the technical tips at www.petzl.com).
- Breaking strength: 18kN x 2 = 36kN.
- Efficiency: 95%