A new mobile fall arrester from Kong that follows the operator in both directions.
A new mobile fall arrester from Kong that follows the operator in both directions. With its unique locking cam configuration, the Back-Up supports fall factor 2 falls in a semi-dynamic way, without damage to the safety rope.
• Stops a fall, slide or uncontrolled descent
• Works on vertical or angled rope
• Moves up or down along the rope without manual intervention
• Easy to install and remove at any point on the rope
• For rope access applications unit can be used with tug cord
Meets ANSI Z359.1-2007 and OSHA requirements in North America.
Certified to CE EN 353-2, EN 358, EN 567.
Lazer marked ANSI Z359.1-2007 complient.
10.0 to 12.0 mm semi-static ropes (EN 1891 type A) certified with the device
Comes with the Kong Steel Oval auto locking carabiner
205g carabiner (180g) 385g. total
If used for fall protection, to meet ANSI and EN requirements, Back-Up must be used without a lanyard or in conjunction with a lanyard (included with the Back-up) under 40 cm (16 inches) to limit maximum potential fall distance to less than 1 meter. Also comes with short 6″ sling that can be girth hitched to sternal attachment on harness.
Made in Italy